Back to School with Ipswich Buses – Ticket Information For September 2021
From September 2021 we will be making some changes to the fare structure on our school & country services which will make traveling on our buses safer and easier, as there will be no need for any physical contact between our driver and the passengers (such as handing your ticket over) and there will be less use of physical cash.
In September 2020 we introduced our new term saver ticket through our Ipswich Buses app which has proved very popular so from September 2021 with the exception of single, day return or day tickets all other multi journey tickets will only be available through our app or on a smart card.
The benefits of using our app are:
- There is no need for your child to carry cash.
- You can control the ticket purchase through the app and by “gifting” it to your child.
- If your child loses their smart phone the ticket can be cancelled and transferred to a replacement device.
- Using the app reduces the need to carry a physical ticket or cash and hand it to/from our driver which makes everyone’s journey safer.
- We have a great value range of tickets which give your child unlimited travel across the whole Ipswich Buses network which includes evenings, weekends and half terms that fall into the period of each ticket.
- We will continue to offer a 10 journey ticket to give customers who might not travel every day a flexible ticketing option.
If you or your child does not have a smart phone then you can still purchase these tickets by purchasing a smart card from our Travel Office in Tower Ramparts Bus Station or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To purchase a smart card you will need to provide a passport sized photo and all new or replacement cards cost £3.00 and are reusable. 7 day, 28 day & term tickets can all be added to the smart card either on the bus from our driver or by visiting our Travel Office in Tower Ramparts.
For further information please contact our customer service team by emailing email@example.com or calling 0800 919 390.