Real Ale Runabout
Ipswich Buses and Ipswich CAMRA are once again working together to organise excursions out from Ipswich to pubs in other villages and towns that we don’t usually get to visit. It is a chance to visit some interesting pubs and socialise with a friendly group of fellow travellers. Once again we have arranged a full season of trips, that we hope that many of you will be able to enjoy.
This year, as last year, many of the trips are being held in the daytime, departing Ipswich at 11.30am and returning to the town centre about 6.30-7pm. Some are also arranged on Friday evenings and will depart at 6:30pm returning late eve with a drop-off around the town.
For bookings and further details, visit our Enquiry Office at Tower Ramparts or call 0800 919390.
We need to know by the Monday before the date of the trip that there are 35 people booked – if not we reserve the right to cancel.
Camra members £9.00 (per person)
Adults: £10.00 (per person)
Over 18s only
You must be at least 18 years of age to go on one of these trips. To purchase a ticket for any trip just go to the Enquiry office at Tower Ramparts bus station. Some tickets may still be available on the day of the event, but this cannot be guaranteed. If insufficient tickets are sold in advance any of the advertised trips may be cancelled.
CAMRA membership required
A valid CAMRA membership needs to be presented at time of purchase and needs to still be valid on date of trip, the CAMRA membership card also needs to be shown with ticket at time of travel.
Real Ale Runabouts 2019 list
- Sat 16 March – Gt Oakley, Thorpe le Soken and Kirby le Soken(11.30am depart)
- Sat 6 Apr – Knodishall, Aldringham & Aldeburgh (11.30am depart)
- Wed 24 April- Gt Cornard & Long Melford (11.30am depart)
- Sat 18 May – Boreham, Writtle & Chelmsford (Moulsham st area 11.30am depart)
- Fri 31 May – Lindsey, Chelsworth, Bildeston (6.30pm depart)
- Sat 15 Jun – Halstead, Ridgewell, Clare (11.30am depart)
- Fri 28 Jun – Southwold (6.30pm depart)
- Wed 17 July – Rattlesden, Cockfield, Lavenham (11.30am depart)
- Sat 3 Aug – Bungay, Brome, Geldeston (11.30am depart)
- Wed 28 Aug – Wenhaston, Dunwich, Walberswick (11.30am depart)
- Fri 13 Sep – Blaxhall, Rendham, Sweffling (6.30pm depart)
- Sat 12 Oct – Bardwell, Garboldisham, Thetford (11.30am depart)
- Sat 9 Nov – Eye, Stradbrook, Laxfield (11.30am depart)
- Sat 7 Dec – mystery trip (11.30am depart)